At The Yorkshire Company we are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of our visitors and customers of the website and subscribers to our newsletter. Here you’ll find information on how we treat data that we collect from you.
The data controller is Yorkshire Soap Company Limited of 6 Market Street, Hebden Bridge, West Yorkshire, HX7 6AA.
Visitors to our website
When someone visits our website we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempts to find out the identities of those visiting our website. You can find out more information on how cookies are on this website in the Cookies Policy below.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Purchasing online with The Yorkshire Soap Company
We may collect and process the following data about you during your purchase with us:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site yorkshiresoap.co.uk (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services including your name, address, telephone number, email address and credit/debit card details. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us for any reason, we may keep a record of that correspondence with your agreement.
- We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely in line with the latest legislation and in accordance with this privacy notice.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using outsourced SSL technology provided by Stripe. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Newsletter sign up
As part of the registration process for our e-newsletter, we collect personal information. We use that information for a couple of reasons: to give you updates you’ve asked us to tell you about; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records and to ensure that you’re happy and satisfied. We don’t rent or trade e-mail lists with other organisations and businesses.
We use a third party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our newsletter. We gather statistics around e-mail opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice.
You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time by clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of any of our e-mails.
Access to information
You are entitled to access the personal information that we hold and/or request deletion of this personal data. E-mail your request to email@example.com
Links to external sites
Changes to our privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on 24 May 2018.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy notice should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Definitions and interpretation
Collectively all information that you submit to The Yorkshire Soap Company via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
Data Protection Laws
any applicable law relating to the processing of Personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;
the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
The Yorkshire Soap Company
The Yorkshire Soap Company, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 07137624 whose registered office is at 6 Market Street, Hebden Bridge, West Yorkshire, HX7 6AA; we or us User or
User or you
any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by The Yorkshire Soap Company and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to The Yorkshire Soap Company and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
the website that you are currently using, https://yorkshiresoap.co.uk/, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
a. the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
c. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d. "including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
e. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, The Yorkshire Soap Company is the "data controller". This means that The Yorkshire Soap Company determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
5. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
b. contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
c. web browser type and version (automatically collected);
How We collect Data
6. We collect Data in the following ways: a. data is given to us by you; and
b. data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
7. The Yorkshire Soap Company will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
a. when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
b. when you register with us and set up an account to receive our products/services;
c. when you make payments to us, through this Website or otherwise;
d. when you elect to receive marketing communications from us;
Data that is collected automatically
8. To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
a. we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
Our use of Data
9. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
a. internal record keeping;
b. transmission by email of marketing materials that may be of interest to you;
10. We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed "Your rights" below).
11. For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we'll need your consent, whether via an opt-in or soft-opt-in:
a. soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask us for more details about a particular product/service, and we are marketing similar products/services).
Under "soft opt-in" consent, we will take your consent as given unless you opt-out.
b. for other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box that we'll provide.
c. if you are not satisfied about our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed "Your rights" below.
12. When you register with us and set up an account to receive our services, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
Who we share Data with
13. We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
Keeping Data secure
14. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
a. access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you. b. we store your Data on secure servers.
15. Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: email@example.com.
16. If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
18. Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
19. You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
a. Right to access - the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is "manifestly unfounded or excessive." Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
b. Right to correct - the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
c. Right to erase - the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
d. Right to restrict our use of your Data - the right to "block" us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
e. Right to data portability - the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
f. Right to object - the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
20. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
21. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). The ICO's contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
22. It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
25. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
26. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
29. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
30. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact The Yorkshire Soap Company by email at email@example.com.
A cookie is a piece of data sent from a website and stored on your computer’s hard drive. When you use the same website in the future, the data stored in the cookie can be retrieved by the website to notify the website of your previous activity.
In order to be able to purchase online, you need to have your cookies enabled.
Our cookies do not store information such as your name, address or payment details. However, cookies allow us to access this information once you are logged into your account.
- To identify you automatically when you sign in to our website
- To remember your preferences and your activity in the past (like items added in your shopping basket)
- To allow you to share products and information with social networks
- To improve the use of the website, the content and services
- To offer you the best customer experience
How can you manage cookies?
If you prefer to limit, block or delete your cookies from YorkshireSoap.co.uk, you need to use your browser by accessing the “Help Menu”. To check your cookies setting, you need to access your “Managing cookies” section.