At The Yorkshire Company we are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of our visitors and customers of the website and subscribers to our newsletter. Here you’ll find information on how we treat data that we collect from you.
The data controller is Yorkshire Soap Company Limited of 6 Market Street, Hebden Bridge, West Yorkshire, HX7 6AA.
Visitors to our website
When someone visits our website we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempts to find out the identities of those visiting our website. You can find out more information on how cookies are on this website in the Cookies Policy below.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Purchasing online with The Yorkshire Soap Company
We may collect and process the following data about you during your purchase with us:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site yorkshiresoap.co.uk (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services including your name, address, telephone number, email address and credit/debit card details. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us for any reason, we may keep a record of that correspondence with your agreement.
- We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely in line with the latest legislation and in accordance with this privacy notice.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using outsourced SSL technology provided by Stripe. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Newsletter sign up
As part of the registration process for our e-newsletter, we collect personal information. We use that information for a couple of reasons: to give you updates you’ve asked us to tell you about; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records and to ensure that you’re happy and satisfied. We don’t rent or trade e-mail lists with other organisations and businesses.
We use a third party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our newsletter. We gather statistics around e-mail opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice.
You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time by clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of any of our e-mails.
Access to information
You are entitled to access the personal information that we hold and/or request deletion of this personal data. E-mail your request for the attention of our data protection officer Amy Harbour at firstname.lastname@example.org
Links to external sites
Changes to our privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on 24 May 2018.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy notice should be addressed to email@example.com.
A cookie is a piece of data sent from a website and stored on your computer’s hard drive. When you use the same website in the future, the data stored in the cookie can be retrieved by the website to notify the website of your previous activity.
In order to be able to purchase online, you need to have your cookies enabled.
Our cookies do not store information such as your name, address or payment details. However, cookies allow us to access this information once you are logged into your account.
- To identify you automatically when you sign in to our website
- To remember your preferences and your activity in the past (like items added in your shopping basket)
- To allow you to share products and information with social networks
- To improve the use of the website, the content and services
- To offer you the best customer experience
How can you manage cookies?
If you prefer to limit, block or delete your cookies from YorkshireSoap.co.uk, you need to use your browser by accessing the “Help Menu”. To check your cookies setting, you need to access your “Managing cookies” section.