Why work for us?
1) Aspirational and luxurious Yorkshire brand - The Yorkshire Soap Company is a luxury lifestyle brand focused on delivering the very best service within the beauty and gift industry.
2) Renowned for delivering the very best in customer service - Be part of a brand that is committed to providing its customers with service experiences that amaze.
3) Innovative, exciting and dynamic - The Yorkshire Soap Company offers an in house development programme to ensure our Team Members’ skills and knowledge are unrivalled and ensuring there is room for career development with the brand.
4) The brand epitomises quintessentially British style and culture - The Yorkshire Soap Company is a British brand that captures its heritage and expresses it with fragrance and lifestyle products of the highest quality. All of our products are made in the UK and we are really proud of this.
5) Career opportunities - The Yorkshire Soap Company is committed to the development of our Team Members, offering a comprehensive development programme dedicated to nurturing and coaching service skills and product knowledge.
We are looking for an organised, commercial, enthusiastic and sales driven individual to help manage our beautiful store in the centre of Harrogate.
We want our Assistant Manager to create a positive, lively and energetic atmosphere, with the main focus always on excellent, unsurpassed, customer service and sales. You will be asked to lead, motivate and develop the store team and in-store processes; managing their performance and making sure they can be the best that they can be, every day. You will do all you can to increase the company profits, hit and exceed realistic targets, and you will have the knowledge and experience to drive sales forward and make the most of every customer opportunity. You will be fully flexible and do whatever it takes to make your store continually successful and profitable.You will have responsibility to the store, the team, and the customers; and will be jointly accountable for your store and all processes/people within it. We have very high retail and customer service standards and you will be a store ambassador; championing the brand, both in and out of the store.
You will want every customer that walks into your store to have an amazing experience, and you will want them to leave with an armful of shopping bags, knowing that they have bought the perfect presents and gifts; and ensuring that they want to come back, time after time and tell all their friends about us.
You will be computer literate, used to working to targets and jointly responsible for running the store day to day. We want our management team to know retail, love retail and know what it takes to grow and develop the stores reputation and sales figures.
You will enjoy 28 days paid holiday, a company discount scheme, a competitive salary with incentives and a secure, bright future career, in a fast growing company, where you are more than just a number on a clock in card.
Applicants MUST have retail/shop management or supervisory experience and must be able to complete and support with store staff rotas, holiday planning and calculations, performance appraisals and development planning. You must be computer literate and windows proficient, able to perform interviews of future staff and previously been responsible for cash banking and weekly takings reconciliation.
CHRISTMAS IS HERE!
Sales Assistants (ad hoc and temporary for Christmas)
Harrogate (various hours)
We are looking for Sales Assistants to help us create the best Christmas ever for our customers. If you love The Yorkshire Soap Company and adore the festive season, these opportunities could be for you!
You will have retail experience or relevant customer service experience, with the positivity and passion to work in a special retail environment - one with a real focus on excellent customer service.
Your duties will include meeting and greeting, establishing customer's needs and helping them to find the perfect gift, as well as ensuring our products are well stocked and that displays are full.
You will need to be flexible and able to work different shift patterns. We offer a great incentive plan and staff discount in the soap shop.
If you're interested in helping us to make Christmas a really special time and have a passion for outstanding customer service, we would love to hear from you.
Contracts will run to 24th December 2018.