Why work for us?
1) Aspirational and luxurious Yorkshire brand - The Yorkshire Soap Company is a luxury lifestyle brand focused on delivering the very best service within the beauty and gift industry.
2) Renowned for delivering the very best in customer service - Be part of a brand that is committed to providing its customers with magical service experiences that amaze.
3) Innovative, exciting and dynamic - The Yorkshire Soap Company offers an in house development programme to ensure our Team Members’ skills and knowledge are unrivalled and ensuring there is room for career development with the brand.
4) The brand epitomises quintessentially British style and culture - The Yorkshire Soap Company is a British brand that captures its heritage and expresses it with fragrance and lifestyle products of the highest quality. All of our products are made in the UK and we are really proud of this.
5) Career opportunities - The Yorkshire Soap Company is committed to the development of our Team Members, offering a comprehensive development programme dedicated to nurturing and coaching service skills and product knowledge.
Retail Area Manager
We are now looking for an experienced retail area manager to oversee, be accountable for and lead our 8 stores and sales team members. We are looking for a strong, disciplined, honest and organised leader with sound financial and retail operational skills, who can take our growing business and team to the next level.
THE ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES:
Take control and lead the day to day retail operations and team management within the retail department of the company to even greater success.
Develop, lead and manage all instore training.
Manage, lead and drive all financial disciplines and considerations within the retail department.
Develop, create, lead and manage all instore policies and procedures.
Monitor, develop, create and roll out additional brand standards, policies and procedures where needed and necessary.
Manage, oversee and be responsible for the stock cost control and planning.
Manage and oversee all retail HR working with our "out of house" HR consultants.
Set standards and objectives for our managers, team members and departments.
Evaluate performance in all areas and promptly address any issues to ensure improvements are made.
Deal with day to day problems by creating practical and affordable solutions.
Create and deliver a positive working retail environment with clear, honest management together with exceptional standards in all areas.
THE ROLE REQUIREMENTS:
Proven experience in area management and of managing a medium to large sized sales team.
Knowledge of performance evaluation with a proven track record of managing performance, both good and bad.
Organised and disciplined approach to the day to day workload.
Sound understanding of retail sales and retail operations with a proven track record on developing and optimising the sales revenue, sales people, company processes, finances and company policies.
Strong business acumen.
Excellent problem solving abilities.
Disciplined, honest and practicable approach to management.
Excellent word and excel skills.
Full UK driving license.
If you feel you have the necessary skills we would love to meet with you.
Please apply by clicking the link below, answering the short questionnaire and uploading your CV where and when prompted.