From making your home more beautiful, to sprucing yourself up and taking care of your skin, we strive to provide the highest quality products to help in many areas of your life... and because we love to help you lovely folk in as many ways as we can, this week we’re going to share our top tips on how to relieve stress and wash away the strains of a busy week.
How to relieve stress and relax
Life can be pretty hectic, and even wonderful weeks full of positivity can still leave you drained and needing to switch off, kick back and relax by Friday. But rather than just stick your feet up in front of the TV, there are some really effective stress relief techniques you can try at home that will recharge your batteries and leave you ready to enjoy your weekend.
5 tips for stress-relief at home
1) Cleanse the mind – if you want to be the best, and you want to beat the stress, mediation’s what you need (we’ve slightly adapted the Record Breaker’s theme tune for our own purposes here!). Whether you use a guided meditation app on your smartphone, switch on some relaxing music and simply let your thoughts drift, or favour a mindful breathing technique, mediation is the perfect way to detach from the stresses of the week and detox your brain! Don’t just wait till Friday though, practising meditation every day will have a profound effect on your overall sense of wellbeing.
2) Cleanse the soul – it may seem counter-intuitive if you’re stressed or feeling exhausted, but exercise will give you a whole soul-cleanse, literally flushing out impurities, rebalancing your body and mind, and unlocking more energy to fuel your leisure time. If you don’t fancy a run in the ‘great’ British climate or anything too energetic, invest in a yoga DVD for a truly soul-satisfying exercise regime you can do at home, at any time, whatever the weather.
3) Cleanse the body – yes, we’re going for the holistic approach here! One of the best ways to relax and unwind at home is by running a bath full of luxurious bubbles, sinking in and staying there until you’ve washed away the stresses of the week. Try our No4 signature blend foam bath, made with lavender – one of nature’s best stress relievers and also great for insomnia, anxiety and depression.
4) Hug it out – never underestimate the power of a hug! Scientific research has proved that 20 seconds of cuddling raises oxytocin and endorphin levels, giving you a genuine ‘feel-good’ buzz, while also lowering blood pressure and the stress hormone, cortisol.
5) Get creative – colouring isn’t just for kids, and adult colouring books are all the rage these days – and not without good reason. Carl Jung first recognised the benefits colouring offers for mental health and stress levels way back in the early 1900s – the activity calms down our amygdala, which is the part of the brain that controls our panic and anxiety responses. The best bit is that you don’t even need to be artistic – just choose a colour and start filling in between the lines!
More lavender loveliness to help you relax
We briefly referred to our No 4 Relaxing Blend above – and it would be remiss not to also mention that this lovely lavender scent is actually available in much more than just bath foam...
For the complete calming bath time experience, grab a Relaxing Blend gift box with a choice of lavender-based goodies that will soothe your soul and help you unwind, both during and after your dip!
We hope you've enjoyed reading,
Warren & Marcus x